My children and I had a snow day today!
The snow is coming down outside, and the roads are terrible.
I heard screams and unkind words from my children in the living room at 8:30 a.m.
So it begins!
Tablets and iPods are taken away, and they are all devastated and bored.
Three kids conspire on the couch, plotting to see if they might recover their devices from the mean mother who took them away.
Tearfully they ask if they might be able to earn their devices back.
After some thoughtful consideration, I set the terms of the negotiation:
1. Do all of the laundry, including put it away.
2. Play a game nicely, while the laundry is cleaning and drying.
3. Speak kindly to each other through all of this.
4. Make each other lunch, and eat.
5. Check in with mom, and maybe get your devices back.
Well, I am happy to report that they completed their tasks, and my laundry is done!
2 kids on iPods, and one on a tablet are currently playing nicely in the living room once again, as the snow continues to fall.
I hope we get another snow day tomorrow!