Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Most Popular Bible Verse - a Gift for us All!

Based on the comments from my Holiday Hop, the most popular "favorite" Bible Verse is John 3:16!

"For God so loved the world, he gave His only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him shall have eternal life."

That is the first Bible verse that I remember memorizing!

What on Earth does it mean, though?

It means that God loves us so very much, that He gave us the GREATEST gift of all!
He made a HUMAN version of Himself, in His own image, but in our likeness, who suffered and was put to death in order to save us!!

How do we rate? How can He possibly love us that much?

I imagine my own children - and watching them suffer through illness or injury.
It's excruciatingly painful as a parent to watch your child suffer helplessly!
You want to take away any pain or discomfort!
So often, we cannot help our kids though!

Imagine God's feelings for us and for Jesus - when He was being persecuted and suffering.

God wanted to protect and save us (from ourselves and our own sin, mind you), that he sent His son - and stood by, watching, as He endured the most painful of deaths - all for US - His beloved children!

I am so very thankful that God has the LOVE for us, and the enduring patience to watch His only son suffer, and to watch us struggle and suffer in our lives, so that we may live eternally with Him in heaven.

Thank you Lord, for sending your Son, to suffer and die for my sins. None of your children, save Jesus, are perfect. We sin - but not because we don't honor You - only because it is our nature, which comes with the free will You have gifted to us.

We look forward to the eternal life, Lord, where we will spend every moment basking in Your glory, with Your son. May we live every day in memory and honor of the ultimate sacrifice You made in Your son, Jesus, so that we may see you and be with You forever!
Amen

3 comments:

  1. I like personalizing it. For God so love ME that He gave His only son. As you said, watching our children suffer even a minor illness is so heartbreaking. But to watch them die for someone else, how horrible. To painful to imagine. To think God loved me enough to do that is beyong amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too... "I am so very thankful that God has the LOVE for us, and the enduring patience to watch His only son suffer, and to watch us struggle and suffer in our lives, so that we may live eternally with Him in heaven." Thank you God for what you did for us! Sometimes I think about how my life would look different without God... it'd be ugly. I am in awe that He picked me! Thank you... great post!
    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read & reread this post several times today, the gift of His Son, given to us is just awesome, I am touched by that unfathomable love everytime I read this verse.
    Also in your post you struck an area that I have not been able to shake.In our particular season of life at the moment my heart aches at the pain of suffering of my children. I gained fresh perspective from your post that God actually is not only caring about my toddlers battle post encephalitis but He is also caring about my suffering and heartache, You said because of "His great patience He watched the suffering of Jesus" - He watched and did not intervene because what was happening was necessary to bring about ultimate good and salvation - there was a God ordained purpose to the suffering, so The Father allowed it- so often I am ashamed of my hurt and feel like my ache is a lack of faith but I'm starting to see that is possibly not right at all. I have so much to think on from today's post, thank you dear mumma for writing it!
    In His joy, hugs xo
    C

    ReplyDelete