Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Screen Time vs. People Time

My 5-year-old son LOVES his screen time!
He can pick up any device with a screen, and he just knows what to do!
We have a Toshiba Thrive tablet, which he adores. He can also play any game better than I can.

Well, he does love to watch television, he hates going to the movie theatre.
There are just too many people there!

I am torn!
I love to go to the movies.
The big screen, buttery popcorn, and reactions of other people really appeal to my sense of adventure.

Since he has been in preschool this year, he has come out of his shell, and made some friends his own age. I pray that he continues to connect with other people, when he enters Kindergarten next year. I need for him to have friends!

Today's prayer is for those of our children who we see as good kids, but who may need a little extra understanding as the come into their own personalities.

I especially think of my middle child, who at age 5 continues to be a "pleaser", and wants to clean up, organize, and generally help me out in whatever way he can! He is so sweet, quiet, and unimposing, that I almost forget he is almost 5! This little man is a blessing, and I pray that I continue to see him as such!

"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment