Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow Day Fun ~ Thankfully

My children have come home with all kinds of rituals to insure a snow day.
They put their pajamas on backward and inside out.
We flushed ice cubes down the toilet.
My daughter slept with a spoon in her pillowcase.

My prayer last night was that if we do have a snow day, that I would be able to spend some quality time with my kids, and that we could all get along!

I was woken up by a telephone call at 5:08 a.m. saying that my children's attempts to get a snow day were successful.  Indeed, school has been cancelled!

So, we are at home today, and I am cherishing every moment with my kids.

However, I have sent them out to play in the snow twice before lunch!

They conquered the snow pile the snow plow left in our yard, making into their "home".
I gave them spray bottles filled with colored water, so they could paint their rooms.



We were going to make "ice gems" but our water balloons were too small to fit on the faucet inside.
If we venture out later, we'll pick up some bigger balloons.

So far, we are getting along nicely, and snuggled up on the couch together to watch a movie.

I pray that if you have a snow day, you may come to see the blessings, such as spending more time together and enjoying the beauty of nature at its finest!
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment