Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Staying Clean..not just the house or the laundry

As a mother some days I feel like all I do is CLEAN!
Between the messes my toddler and preschooler make, and cooking and laundry...if all I did was clean, there would be no time for anything else!

So, I don't clean as much as I should!
I mean, seriously, I ignore the cleaning. I ignore the messes, and don't put away all of the laundry.

I have been known to leave all cleaning alone for days at a time, just to play with my children. After all, what could be more important than spending quality time with my kids?

Well, as the bible says in Isaiah 1:16-17, "Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong. Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow."

I know, God does not necessarily mean "Clean your house," but I feel that nagging sensation that my housework is part of that being clean that Isaiah mentions!

However, I do think that I am doing wrong by my husband by not keeping house like I should...therefore, this really speaks to Isaiah's point. I take my evil doings (spending too much time indulging in my computer or shopping), and turn them into cleanliness for the Lord.

I can honor the Lord our God through honoring my husband and my family - by blessing them with clean clothing, a clean house, and great food.

I have to remember that the Lord has made all of these things possible, and that I need to focus my attention on doing right, and seeking justice.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the very many blessings you have given me in this life.
My husband and children are blessings from you, and I should bless them through you. Please help me to provide for them the cleanliness, both physically in our home, as well as in my heart and soul!
Amen

2 comments:

  1. I have been convicted about this too. My husband never complains about my lack of cooking or the way the house looks, but I know that these things matter to him. I want to honor God and my husband, so I've been trying to do better with cleaning and cooking.
    Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleanliness is a habit and the one which helps be healthy and have a better quality life.It is a beautiful to have a clean and hygienic life.

    Nyc mold removal

    ReplyDelete