Wednesday, August 31, 2011

God KNOWS What You Need, Before You Do!

What do you REALLY NEED to be happy?

I need my husband, my children, a home, and food.

I have to convince myself that I don't need all of the things our society shouts out at us that we "need".

I don't need a computer (sigh).
I don't need a television.
I don't need a car...although life where I live would be very difficult without one.
I don't need tons of toys for my kids.
I don't need fancy clothes.
I don't need diamonds, pearls, or gold.
I don't need money.

I would like to learn to count my blessings, and leave my want for more to never be seen again!

The blessings I have can be counted one by one, and I will feel much richer than any millionaire.

The Lord has blessed me with:
My husband
My children
My family
My friends
My home
My ministries
My life
food to eat
clean water to drink
clean air to breathe
words
books
eyesight
hearing
taste
smell
touch
and on, and on....

Lord, I pray that my study of Your Word would serve as a reminder of all the blessings that You have given me. I have a loving, providing husband, who respects me. I have wonderful, loving children, who I am charged with bringing up in Your image. I have a beautiful home, which blesses my family with so many amenities that we tend to take for granted. I also have plenty of delicious food to eat. I have so much food, it is often in abundance.
Please help me, Lord, to not take these things for granted!
I give all of the glory to You, my God, for these things are blessings and gifts from You!

If I ever Need something, You provide!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

"Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." Matthew 6:8

2 comments:

  1. We spent the summer in Florida and we traveled across the country by plane to get there... so that meant no toys (or very few). I was amazed that my children made paper airplanes and played with boxed and scissors and tape and they we're just as happy as they are with all the things they have at home! Makes me want to give it all away :) Love that verse! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how easy it is to take our eyes off of God and become ungrateful. Thanks for the reminder!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete