Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life is NOT Fair!

When you put in more effort than someone else into a project, for which everyone is given the same amount of credit, do you feel slighted?

Do you expect to be paid more for working harder than someone who does the same job as you, but doesn't work as hard?

I know that when we work hard at something, our human nature often leads us to look for compensation equal to the effort we have expended.

God has a different idea!
He says that everyone should be equally blessed for what he/she is capable of doing.

The blessings God bestows upon us are not determined by the effort we put forth, but by His undying Love for us!

Dear Lord,
Please help me to remember that the last will be first in Your eyes. Those who work as I shall be repayed by You in blessings as much as those who work less or more than I.
It is not up to me to decide whom should receive the blessings You impart, but that I should not judge those blessings - and I should rejoice and thank You for all You have given to me!
Amen


Matthew 20:9-16

9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

1 comment: