Friday, January 4, 2013

Putting On Your New Self in the Morning

When I get up in the morning, I do not enjoy picking out clothing to wear.
I want to be comfortable more than anything. The style of my clothing is reflective of the fact that I just want to be comfortable. I am a mom, with three young children. I am running around, crawling around, and playing all day long.

I do not wear many suits or dresses. I sometimes wish I did, but that would require so much more effort!

This year I am going to strive to ignore the clothes, and make sure "...and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:24).

Instead of debating what color sweater to wear, or whether my ripped jeans are appropriate for the day, I will focus on the righteousness that God has placed in my life. I will look for HIS holiness in my life, and say a prayer with each article of clothing I place on my body. That my torso may hold a Heart that honors God in every beat. That my pants may cover my legs as they are lead in God's path for me today. My socks may bless my feet as they walk the walk that God has prepared for me.

Lord, please help us to put on our new selves, that you have created. We are still moms, children, and members of society. Let our outward appearances reflect You and Your Glory!
AMEN

"...and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." —Ephesians 4:24

No comments:

Post a Comment