Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Breaking Old Habits ~ Beginning Anew with Prayer

I am very guilty of having deceitful desires.
I have acquired very bad habits of spending money to buy things to fill the voids in my life.
My heart yearns to fill those voids with prayer and connection with the Lord.

Before I put any monetary or physical possessions ahead of my relationship with the Lord, I will say a prayer, asking for guidance and strength against false idols.

Having more STUFF will not make me happier. It will simply clutter my home, and my relationships, with unimportant junk.

Dear Lord,
Please help us to remember what is important, and to look to You in all things. Help me to shed the habits I have acquired, and to seek You first. Teach me, Lord, to accept what I have as gifts from You, and to be thankful for everything I have. I pray that I may learn from Your messages Lord, in prayer and scripture, every day of my life. Amen

"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires..." —Ephesians 4:22

No comments:

Post a Comment