Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Encouragement In The Toughest Times

Cancer.
One of the ugliest words, and worst concepts when it lives in one of your most dear friends or family members.

One of my best friends has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I am deeply sad, and really at a loss for words or actions that could encourage her through all of the crazy emotions that come with such a diagnosis.

She is half the country away, and I want to go stay with her, and take care of her! My three children, combined with her three younger children, would make that situation crazy, but I must find a way to encourage her.

So, I'm taking to prayer, and I know that other friends are also praying for her.
If I could ask my readers to also pray for healing from cancer, that would be the best way I can support her from so far away.

Dear Lord,
You made our bodies, and we know that you had the best laid plans when you made them as they are. We have so many outside influences on our bodies, and cancer is one of the worst. We don't know why it grows inside us, but we want it GONE. Lord, we plead with you, to heal our bodies, and eradicate the cancerous cells in our bodies. Provide us with peace and comfort as we attempt to eliminate the cancer, and become healthy enough to live for You. Your Glory shines through us, and we pray that your healing shines through the doctors and nurses as they operate on us, and treat us for the ailments from which we suffer. Help those of us who do not suffer from cancer to encourage and build up those we love who are suffering, so they can see Your love through us.
Amen

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 Thessalonians 5:11

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy - so sorry to hear your news. Check out the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network - http://pancan.org/. They have a lot of resources for patients, caregivers, and supporters. Your friend and her family will be in my prayers - Amy (Ericksen) Chai

    ReplyDelete