Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mommys Do Strange Things For Kids

My children and I ventured to our local library to sign up for the summer reading program.

We do this every year, since my kids really do love to read, and winning prizes motivates them even more.

My six-year-old son prefers to check out craft books, and this trip proved to be no exception. He found a fun book of "Sneaky Art", and was flipping through to find crafts he wanted to make himself. He brought the book to me, and asked what he needed to make the little pirate figure in one of the photos. It turns out the figures are made out of corks, from wine bottles!

My son went back to perusing the book, while I read my own.
As we were leaving the library, he asked, "Mommy, will you drink a bottle of wine when we get home, now, please? I need the cork for this craft project in my new book."

I could not say no!!



No comments:

Post a Comment