Monday, November 8, 2010

Children Serving The Lord

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Serving the Lord. Sounds easy, right?
In reflecting on my life and priorities, I have to wonder whom my household truly serves.

I have to remind myself that doing the laundry, cooking, cleaning, and teaching my children are serving the Lord. I do these things to honor Him.

I do not need all of the "things" in my house, and my children do not NEED all the latest toys and most expensive clothes. We don't need to eat the most expensive or trendy foods, nor do we need the technology we have come to take for granted.

How do we teach our children to appreciate all of our blessings as gifts from God?
Do we take all of our possessions for granted or do we give credit to the Lord, as everything we have comes from Him?

Dear Lord,
Please help me to serve You in everything I do. Help my priorities to reflect Your Glory, and not any other entities that I could serve in this world.
Jesus, please help me to teach my children to serve You and Your Father. There is nothing more important in this family, than Your will and Love.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment