Tuesday, November 9, 2010

God Doesn't Promise us Happiness on Earth

Prayer is such an important part of my life.
I pray for my family, friends, and those who are in my life who weigh heavy on my heart.

"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." Luke 18:1

I have had to learn not to pray for "things" or "situations" to be as I want them to be.

God has a plan for each of us...it does not mean that God will fulfill OUR plans for ourselves, just because we pray for it.

Prayers of thankfulness for the blessings God has provided in my life almost always outweigh those that ask Him for more.

It is really difficult to remember that His plan is not the same as our plan...and that He does not promise us anything about happiness on earth. He does promise us Salvation if we believe and follow Him and his son Jesus' teachings.

Dear Lord,
Please help us to see the many blessings You have given us as blessings from You, and not take them for granted.
Help us to accept that those prayers we are tempted to pray for material things, and wants of the world we live in may not be within Your divine plan for us.
Lord I pray that you give me the words to share with those reading this blog the concept of thankfulness for what we have, and the wisdom to know the difference between asking for Your plan to come to fruition, and praying for what we want, which may not coincide with your plan.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment