Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Anxiety ~ When Prayer Isn't Enough

During the Spring, especially Lent, of every year I always experience more anxiety than normal.
Most of the year, I am a very content woman, who can give everything over to God, and trust him to take care of me and my family.

I have been so stressed out lately, that even my prayers are not glorifying to God.

That is the scariest thing for me. I live in prayer, breathe prayer, and rely on prayer to be my link to our Provider and Lord.

I am not sure what the explanation is for this seasonal anxiety...but I do know that compared to Jesus' burden during Lent, my small worries should not be enough to make me feel so sick!

God gave us His son Jesus, and sacrificed him for us.
How is it possible, then, that I would allow my petty, human issues to effect me and push me away from Him?

Prayer after prayer, and I am still anxious. I have even called my doctor to seek some kind of medical options for this anxiety.

Right now I am calling on The Eternal Healer and Physician:

Dear Lord,
I place my life in your hands. All of the anxiety and stress that I am allowing to control me, I release to You, O Lord.
Please help me Lord, to see Your way, and to resolve these anxious issues to Glorify You.
In Jesus Name,
Amen


Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."

1 comment:

  1. That's a powerful prayer and one I need to pray too. Love that verse too!

    ReplyDelete