Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unclutter Your Life with Prayer

A Lenten Prayer

Where should I begin, Jesus, to unclutter my life?
I have yielded to temptation and filled my days with more commitments than I can comfortably manage.
Help me to let go of whatever I cling to.

Free my time.

I have crowded my space with too much baggage:
With gadgets and conveniences and possessions.
Help me to let go of whatever I cling to.

Free my hands.

I have filled my head with trivial distractions:
News, weather, gossip and prejudices.
Help me to focus on more important concerns.

Free my mind.

Jesus, my life is cluttered with more idols than I realized.
I have given them a reverence they do not deserve!
Teach me to renounce their claim on me,and end my divided allegiance.

Guide me to a simpler life and more generous service to You!
Amen


“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19

The Ten Commandments: Exodus 20

No comments:

Post a Comment