Friday, April 19, 2013

God Suggests I Take A Break

I was preparing some side dishes for our Easter celebration with my extended family, when I accidentally splashed some water on my laptop's keyboard! Uh oh!
I turned it over right away, and also powered it down. It would not turn on for quite a while, and when it did attempt to power up, there was an alarming beeping sound emitted from the speakers!

So, my laptop was stashed away, somewhere dry, upside down and open.
A week later, I attempted to turn on my constant companion, and was amazed when it actually worked! Until I went to type something. Cat-like typing appeared on the screen - meaning the message that actually appeared on the screen appeared random, like there was a cat walking across my keyboard, instead of my hands typing keystrokes!

I was devastated, to say the least. But, I figured this was God's way of telling me I was spending WAY too much time on my computer, and not enough time with my Family.

We do have two desktop computers in our guest bedroom. I also own a tablet computer, which allows me access to the internet, but has very limited capacity when it comes to blogging.

Blogging became one of the least of my priorities, and I spent some much needed time with my children and husband, without my laptop attached to my hip.

It has been a WONDERFUL month, but my prayer life has lagged, because I have not been focused on writing out my prayers, as I have found really helps me to dive into my Bible, and pray the Word of God.

I pray that now I will be able to find a healthy balance between my blogging and my family, while diving back into my Bible, and prayers.

My first prayer is of Thanksgiving for my husband! God has truly blessed me with a wonderful man to share this life with. My man is NOT perfect, but he is the one that God chose for me. He compliments me, and completes me like no other human could. I am thankful that God graced my husband with such a good sense of humor, and lots of patience to deal with my eccentricities, and our differences, since we are opposites in so many ways. God has also blessed us with wonderful children, and make my husband into a fantastic father! Thank you, Lord, for my husband, and for the relationship we continue to share in You.
Amen



"Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered."
1 Peter 3:7


"However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband."  Ephesians 5:33

No comments:

Post a Comment