Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Saving Lives by Giving Blood

Today, I feel honored to say I earned my 1 Gallon Pin at the Blood Bank.

I have donated a FULL gallon of my blood to those who need it to survive!

I have no way of ever knowing who might be blessed by my donations, but I do know that I feel good about donating my blood in the effort to save a life.

I have had many people say, "Oh, I could never donate blood!"

There are so many excuses, from hating needles, to the fear of getting a disease, to being afraid their blood might make its way into the body of someone with whom they have moral differences.

Sure, there may be very good reasons that people cannot donate their blood. I am truly blessed to be healthy enough to give live-saving blood to strangers in need.

I pray that one or more of my readers might be inspired by this to donate blood themselves!



"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35





"Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you." Deuteronomy 16:17


"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it."
Proverbs 3:27  


"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." Luke 6:38

1 comment: