Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Level Ground...finding it on the Roller Coaster of Life.

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
Psalm 143:10

Keeping Your will in sight, God, is so difficult with all the distractions that tempt us around every corner. As a parent, it is tough to remember God's will, rather than our will, for our children. The level ground is often more difficult and challenging, as it may not be our original plan for us or our families.

I remember my friends with children who have Type 1 Diabetes. I know that was not in the plan for their families when they had their babies. And I know it is NOT level ground, it is a roller coaster! I pray that the Lord's good Spirit can lead them, and teach us all as parents, to do His will, and forget our own.

There is nothing more important in this world than remembering that God made us the parents of these babies. They have us as parents for a reason...it is God's Good Will!!!

Although they may lead us down paths that appear dangerous, scary, or just plain unfamiliar, we must trust that God has His good plan, and that He will provide us with the strength and tools to make it through the circumstances He places in our lives, and the lives of our children.

Please, Lord, help all parents to be the best parents, and teach us to follow your will, on Your Level Ground, while riding the roller coaster of life.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment