Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blessed with Children, Gifts from God

‎"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night." Psalms 1:1-2

I have been blessed in so many ways, and I cannot begin to count the blessings the Lord has given to me.

My children are blessings, and I need constant reminder to see them in this light.

I am so very blessed to have a wonderful husband, parents, siblings, and in-laws that support us as a Christian family.

It is very difficult, at times, to attend events or converse with people where some of those people constitute the "wicked" and not to mock them. They may mock me, as well, but I have to stand strong in the Lord, and remember not to be bothered by the wicked ways of others.

Gossip bothers me, and I am guilty of gossiping at times. Lord, please forgive me for the pain my gossip may cause. I do not intend to gossip or mock others, Lord, as they are all gifts from you.

I stand strong in my faith, and strong in my belief that all people have God within them, and they all deserve my respect and love. In our society, this respect is becoming more and more difficult to honor. So many people have become followers of the "entitlement" frame of mind. Everyone is entitled to all of the benefits of "the good life" just because they are alive. They don't have to work for anything...they should just get it. Nothing is ever good enough for many of these people. They are given something, and all they can think about and talk about is how it could be better or what is wrong with what they've been given.

Lord, I pray that I will be able to remain thankful for the many blessings you have given to me. I also pray that I will be able to use all of those blessings to Honor You, the faithful God. I pray that others will see You, Lord, in me, and that I will be able to live fully for You and Your Glory.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment