Thursday, November 3, 2011

In Sickness and in Health

As a mom, part of me suffers when my child is sick.
It is so hard to watch your children suffer!

It is even harder when mommy gets sick!

I have been experiencing extreme amounts of pain for almost a week.
This pain is somehow related to my womanly cycle (thank you Eve), and the lack of consistency in my hormones, etc.

I have a doctor's appointment in two weeks, and have been very blessed by wonderful pain medications.

However, through all of this pain, and the trouble it puts my family in when mommy is not up to making meals, cleaning up, and taking care of everyone like she usually does, is taking its toll on my husband and children.

So, my prayer is for strength for my husband, my children, and healing for me.

Dear Lord,
I know you do not give me more than I can handle.
I thank You Lord for giving me the most wonderful, loving husband, who is also an amazing father!
Please give him strength and patience, Lord, as he deals with the children, and the slack left by my illness.
I pray also that You lead the doctors to know what tests to run, to figure out what is going on in this earthly body of mine.
I can handle the pain, Lord, with your help and protection. I know this is only temporary, Jesus, and I praise you as The Almighty Healer and Creator. You know what my body needs, and how to strengthen me and my family.
In Jesus' Holy Name,
Amen

"Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span."
Exodus 23:25-26 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment