Monday, February 20, 2012

Prayers for the President

Happy President's Day! One of my children wants to be President of the United States when he grows up. My other son still does not know what the President is or what he does. The Presidency is one of the hardest jobs in the world, and I would not take the job for millions of dollars. Our nation was founded "Under God" and God still chooses leaders for us that serve His higher purpose, although it may not appear that way! Today I would like to pray for our President, Barack Obama, and his family. Although I did not vote for him, and do not agree with many of his policies or actions, I still pray for him and his leadership of our nation. Dear Lord, Please protect our president's heart, and lead him to keep our nation within Your strength and power. Guide his decisions, actions, and rulings, as he deals with all of the leaders of Your world. Hold his tongue, and send Your words to his mind, that less will be seen of Mr. Obama, and MORE of YOU will be seen in our peoples and land. Amen "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence." 1 Timothy 2:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment