Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mixed Emotions as My Kids Start School

I wrote about my princess starting 3rd grade last week.
My oldest prince started FULL-DAY Kindergarten last week as well.

He was SOOOO excited, but also a little nervous. I can't blame him!

This is my child who will sit back, and observe any new experience, making sure he can be safe and successful BEFORE he will even participate in any way.

Luckily, we had a bus ride under our belt, from the open house trip, where the entire family got to climb on the school bus and ride together!

He had met his teacher, and a couple of the kids in his class.

Yet, I could tell he did not know quite how to feel about this new adventure.



I have been praying for him, and have visited the school a few times just to check on him.

He has been doing a FANTASTIC job of playing nicely at school, and is excited to get up and go to school every day. He is learning, and his teacher says he seems to be enjoying being at school all day.

I, on the other hand, do not enjoy missing him all day long, and knowing that my 5-year-old is away from me, learning from someone that is not his Mommy!!

I am NOT a supporter of all day Kindergarten, but I know we are truly blessed by WONDERFUL teachers who know how to support our children and help them learn, all day long!

I continue to pray for my children as they learn and move forward on their educational journey.

~Kristen


"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." Galatians 3:24

No comments:

Post a Comment