Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Laundry Day Prayers

It's laundry day in my home.
I feel so blessed to have an entire day to stay home and relax, while blessing my family.

I don't have to run to a laundry mat, or down to the river to wash my clothes and linens.

I just hang out in my basement with my son, and let the machines do all of the cleaning for me.

I do have to fold everything, and then put it away, but as I do that, I pray for my family.
I have written of this ritual before, but it always surprises me that so many people don't realize that there are so many opportunities to pray for the loved ones in their lives!

As I fold towels, I pray that the Lord cleans our souls as we clean our bodies. I thank Him for sending His Son to atone for our sins.

As I fold blankets, sheets and such, I pray that my children will be renewed as His children as they sleep. That our bodies, minds and spirits will be renewed in our Lord as we dream through the night.

As I fold clothing, I pray that the Lord will bless each part of the body that the clothing might cover. Praying that our socks might cover feet that follow in Jesus' footsteps. That the tops might cover a heart that yearns for more of the Lord.

You may not feel like you have time to take out of your busy day to pray, but you CAN talk to God whenever you think of it! God will listen, and you will be blessed for your interaction with Him.


"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." 2 Peter 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment