Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Following God, Not Society

So many times I catch myself judging others, or being critical of others, or even envious of what others have in their lives.
I am not lacking in anything. I am so blessed with a beautiful family, a wonderful husband, amazing children, and a beautiful home. Yet, it is human nature to desire what we do not have.

Society tells us we should have the latest technology, creature comforts, and the best of everything.

It is difficult to put aside these societal expectations to follow the Lord!

I am the first to admit that I find it difficult to not go out and shop for new clothes, household items, and luxurious items we do not need.

I am striving to follow the Lord my God, and revere his word.

I am really trying to obey his commands, and serve everyone around me through Him.

Dear Lord, guide me to hold fast to Your word and commands. Help me to remember that if I serve You, others will be blessed by my actions and choices. Make me a better wife, mother, daughter, and friend. AMEN


"It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him." Deuteronomy 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment