Thursday, October 18, 2012

Metamorphosis ~ Change Your Heart

I have had tons of pain in my abdomen lately. Actually, for the past 6 years!
Well, it is time for a change! My doctors have prescribed me some medication that is helping, but I will probably have to have surgery.
The time of my life to think about not being able to have more children is here. The notion of not having a uterus is daunting. I know I am still a woman, but not having those reproductive parts of my body is scary, and makes me sad.

God has given us everything we have. When we have to give something away, or something is taken away from us, we often feel the loss for a very long time.

My heart is terrified, sad, and worried about potential side effects.

I have to remember that God made my body the way He did for a reason!
We were made to bring Him glory, and I have to remember that everything happens for His reasons.


Dear Lord,
Please protect my heart from my worldly fears. I do not let pain rule my life, as I strive for Your commands to be the ruler of my heart. Transform my heart to open up to Your love, comfort, and strength. As I work with the doctors here on Earth, I pray that You will be my Heavenly Physician, the One who created my body, and help us to know Your will. Amen

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

"It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." 1 Corinthians 15:44

1 comment:

  1. Well done, building up your faith to push out the fear. I sometimes have to remind myself of Psalm 46:10 to help me be at peace. "Be still, and know that I am God..."

    ReplyDelete