Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Giving Blesses Us MORE than Receiving!

At our favorite Aldi store this weekend, there were people collecting donations for our local food pantry.

I told my children to each find something in the store that they like to eat, and we would buy it to give to people that don't have any food.

My children were so willing to shop and give! They acted like it was Christmas, and they were getting gifts!

All three of them went right to the fresh fruits and veggies! I hated to explain to them that the food pantries only accept donations of canned and boxed food that won't go bad. They made the transition, and went hunting for good food to give.

My eight-year-old daughter chose Beef Stew! I was surprised by that choice.
My five-year-old son chose Corn Chex! Cereal is one of his favorite foods for sure.
My four-year-old son chose Spaghetti O's! No surprise there!

The food pantry volunteers were so thankful, and blessed us as we left, and commented on what a good lesson in giving my children experienced that day!

How do you GIVE?
How do you encourage your children to be givers?

My children and I agree, it is better to give than to receive!

"He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor." Proverbs 22:9

"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." Luke 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment