Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Serving Others ~ Serving God

I am often volunteering myself to do something for other people.
My husband has declared that he does not need to volunteer, because I do enough for the both of us.

My mother has asked me if I'm short-changing my family, because I am giving of myself to other people.

Well, I certainly hope not!
I have a hard time saying no to people, when asked to do something that I enjoy doing!
I LOVE to be at my children's school, helping out the teachers and staff.
I LOVE to organize Coffee and Donuts at my church, and see the pleased looks on the kids' faces as they get to choose any sugary doughnut they want after church!
I LOVE to organize the parties for my kids' classrooms.
I LOVE to coordinate after school activities like Odyssey of the Mind.

In my mind, I do these things to serve my family, and my community.

I also do these things in attempt to serve God.
He has blessed me with so many talents, and so much treasure, that I really do enjoy sharing them with others. I don't always reap the benefits of people recognizing how much work I put in, as so many are not aware. But GOD is aware! He knows the motivation of my heart, and the energy I spend blessing other people because he has made me able!

Dear Lord, Thank you for the talents and treasures you have blessed me with. Help me to be an example for my children, of how to spread Your love to others, through service and love. Help me to remember that the only gratification I really need comes from You, Heavenly Father. Amen

"Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38

"In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment