Friday, October 19, 2012

Nurse Mommy to the Rescue!

My poor little man is sick.
He is sitting beside me shivering, despite his fever, and sniffling like crazy.

I kept him home from all-day Kindergarten today, so he could rest. He really needs it!

I am not a nurse, but mommy always gets to play nurse when the kids or daddy is sick!

Some things that make Nurse Mommy's job easier are remembering how you feel when you are sick. You like to be talked to gently, have your every need brought to you, and just to rest in quiet.

I am trying really hard to remind my little man that he needs to drink lots of liquids. He is allowed to have gatorade or Kool-Aid and other drinks he might not normally get to drink.

He says he's not hungry, and I think it hurts to swallow. So, I will make him soup, jello, and whatever else his little tummy thinks it can handle.

Dear Lord,
Please heal my little man. Help me to know what he needs to get better quickly. Grant me the patience to see him as my little patient, and to nurture him through this tough time. Help me, Lord, to remember that he is sick, and needs me to be understanding, and accepting that he may whine a bit more than usual, and that it's not because he's naughty. He whines because he doesn't feel well! Amen

"Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:7-10

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your wee man & you sweet mumma, I am a nurse & I struggle with the mumma nurse role, hang in there sweet sister
    I hold fast to those scriptures, thank you xx
    X

    ReplyDelete