Thursday, January 12, 2012

Daily Bread with Whole Grain

I am so tempted to say, that God did not intend us to have to seek out whole grain in our foods.
When Jesus was a boy, his family had to grow and harvest their own grain, or purchase from those "farmers" who grew in their community.

Today, we have it so easy - but not so healthy.

I must admit to being a mommy who lets her children eat cereal that contains sugar *gasp*, and I actually do eat at McDonald's more than I should admit!

But, in order to be healthy, we are encouraged to "eat the rainbow", and eat a serving of something that belongs to each color group in the rainbow every day.

My husband does not enjoy wheat bread, but will eat whole grain bread if presented without "sticks and twigs" as he calls it!

All 3 of my boys (my husband and our two sons) LOVE cereal!
I love that all "White Check" General Mills cereals now have WHOLE GRAIN as their first ingredient! It makes me feel a little bit better about serving cereal as a meal to my men, although I still encourage them to eat a colorful fruit or vegetable with it!

If your family enjoys cereal,
here is a coupon worth $1.75 off 2 boxes of General Mills Cereal with the White Check!
Enjoy!
http://www.myblogspark.com/uc/main/d537/

I know my boys will enjoy this one!


(Proverbs 28:18-20)
Whoever walks blamelessly will be saved, But he who is perverse in his ways will suddenly fall. He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows frivolity will have poverty enough! A faithful man will abound with blessings, but he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.

No comments:

Post a Comment