Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When Mommy Needs Rest

Being a mommy is a HARD job!
When mommy gets sick, and needs to rest, there is often nobody to help her out!

Well, I am recovering from a bad bout with strep throat and pneumonia, and have had some wonderful support from my mom and a friend.

My husband, however, thinks it's all in my head, and that I don't need to sleep all the time, and I should be able to keep going, going, going, like I usually do.

I cannot, and should not, be on the go right now. I am exhausted, and just getting up and walking down the stairs tires me out completely.

I SHOULD be taking down the Christmas tree, doing laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc. I just cannot!!!

Luckily, God has instilled in my children the ability to empathize with mommy, and let me rest for the most part. They are happy to be entertained by the "screens" in the house, which usually ends in mommy guilt for me. Not this week!

Bring on the movies, silly preschool television shows, tablet and p.c. games, etc.
They are making for an excellent babysitter, since I am here, just lacking energy!

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the technology allowing my children to not rely on me to keep them entertained and busy. Thank you also for giving my children the willingness and drive to HELP mommy when she is sick. They are empathetic and energetic enough to keep me going when I have no energy of my own. Thank you for the friends and family who are praying for me, and for the doctors and medications that are helping my body heal.
Amen

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, there absolutely are times when mommy needs a break, and this is one of them for you. Don't ever feel guilty for resting and allowing your body to recover. I'm saying a pray for you right now. :)

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, very much Lisa!
    I appreciate the prayer! :)
    Blessings!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete