Monday, January 23, 2012

Mommy's Inexpensive Blessing Recipe #1

In an effort to feed my family inexpensively and stay within my tightening budget, I have decided to experiment with my crock pot, and what I have in my kitchen.

Tonight's dinner will be cheesy garlic chicken and broccoli with rice.

I put 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts in my crock pot
with 1/2 a bag of frozen broccoli and a package of cream cheese.
I sprinkled a little minced garlic and lemon-pepper on top, poured 2 cups of water in, and turned it on low.

It's been cooking for 5 hours on low.

I will add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of rice to the pot about an hour before we eat.

Hopefully it will turn out to be delicious.

End price of the entire meal:
Chicken $2.00
Broccoli $1.50
Cream Cheese $1.50
Rice $.75
Total Meal Cost: $5.75 for my family of 5!

Blessings!
~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment