Thursday, January 26, 2012

Eyes Have Not Seen, Ears Have Not Heard...

My beautiful little princess has glasses!
She is very near-sighted, and our eye doctor prescribed bifocals for my eight-year-old little girl!!

She picked out beautiful frames, made by Vera Bradley, and was more excited to have glasses than she has been about many things lately.

So, now she and I share something else, 4 eyes!

I am just relieved that I noticed she needed glasses when I did! Over Christmas vacation, she was helping me and I asked her what time it was. She had to walk over to the clock to see it! Yikes!

So, I prayed about it - and asked her if she was having trouble seeing. She was.

The eye doctor confirmed my suspicion, and shared with me the research that shows children who are nearsighted have better eyesight with bifocals. The bifocal lenses help to keep the eye from deteriorating by more than 50%! Joy!

So, princess proceeded to try on nearly every set of frames in the office, and choose some that are really cute! The wait was almost unbearable, and she asked me every moment when she would actually get her new glasses!

What a joyful noise she made when she heard the message that her glasses were waiting for us to pick them up at the eye doctor's office.

I am relieved that we have good health insurance that covers the costs of bifocals and her beautiful brown eyes look amazing with the pink and blue frames she chose!


Keep your eyes on the Lord, and he will give you strength! Now, that she can SEE His glory around her, she will have an easier time doing just that! Bless my baby girl, and her bifocals!
AMEN


“Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, nor has it entered into the hearts of men — the wonderful things God has prepared for they that love Him!” (Paul, 1 Corin. 2:9, NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment